Sunday, May 24, 2009

One More Day....

... to the BIG race.

I get excited/nervous every time I think about it. (like now...)

And then, the next day, I blow out of town on my trip to Oklahoma.
I get excited/nervous every time I think about that, also. (like now...)
So I'm reelee eksiited.

Today, (Sunday) is church day, as usual.
It is also packet pick-up day for the big race tomorrow.
That will get me excited all over again some more.

Today, I also will be paying special attention to what I eat and drink.
I must be sure to get well hydrated prior to the event.
And I must not eat anything with will upset my internal, um... processes.
All my pipes must be happy tomorrow morning.
And empty would be good.
And my joints and connections must be happy.
So far, so good.
Wee shall see....

As I was preparing for my usual Sunday morning walk this morning, a substantial, steady rain visited my neighborhood.
By the time I was ready to go out the door, however, it had all but stopped, and my journey was dry except for tree drippage (of which there are many).
Mid-way through mile two, I took off my rain hat and top.
The temperature was prolly in the mid 60's and I was getting hot/sweaty inside them.

It is very possible that the Big Race tomorrow will also be wet.
I remember one year (2001?) when it POURED rain after the race for about an hour. (about 9:30 or so)
No matter, I am prepared.
I won't win it, but I want to finish in less than 60 minutes.
I would like to finish in the top third which would make me at least number 600 across the line.
Wee shall see.
.

No comments:

ON BEING A JANITOR

April 15 th of 2013 was my last year to work for HR Block. I disliked the corporate pressure to make us call customers to try to sel...