Sunday, March 18, 2007

Appearances

Contrary to what appears to be me being eaten by my new computer, I am alive and well.
I have become employed full-time and have less time to play with my new toys.
The new Linux box is up and running.
There is still much to learn about the new operating system and I do not have as much time as I would like to work with it.

I am slowly working through the few remaining issues of networking my Window$ box with my Linux box.
At this point, I believe each of them can "see" the other on the network, but there is a password/permissions problem that I have yet to solve.
When I can get "on" the network and read files off of the Winbox, I will begin to transfer my M$ Office files and convert them to ODF (Open Document Format).

I am still not sure if Samba will be able to read Quick Verse, my bible study software.
That will be the key to closing the Winbox forever or not.

Stay tooned.

No comments:

ON BEING A JANITOR

April 15 th of 2013 was my last year to work for HR Block. I disliked the corporate pressure to make us call customers to try to sel...