Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mo Picher from My Trip 5? 6?

















Just as we were leaving the Heceta Head Lighthouse, the light came on.


The next picture is of the Yaquina Head lighthouse. I tweeked the colors a bit to give a more dramatic feel to the late afternoon gray colors.

















Some words come to mind as I look at this shot.....

There's a lighthouse on a hillside
that overlooks life's sea.
When I'm tossed He sends out a light,
light that I might see.
And the light that shines in darkness now
Will safely lead me on
If it wasn't for the lighthouse
This ship would sail no more.

Everybody that lives around us
says tear the lighthouse down
The big ships don't sail this way anymore
What's the use of it standing 'round?
But then my mind goes back
to that stormy night,
when just in time, I saw the light
the light from that old lighthouse
that still stands up there on a hill.

Oh I thank God for the lighthouse
I owe my life to Him
Jesus is the lighthouse,
Upon the rocks of sin
He has shone a light around me
That I could clearly see
If it wasn't for the lighthouse
Then where would this ship be.





This is a cool shot of the coast to the south of the Yaquina Head lighthouse.
The contrast is pumped up a bit to give better color.








This is a sunset taken at the Hecena Head Lighthouse (the first one we visited).
Again, thanks to the captain of the fishing boat that turned on his big light just as I was about to take my shot.































And finally, here is yers troolee at the Yaquina Head lighthouse.


A few more to show next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a cap/boggin you pulled off for the picture?

Paw said...

Yes.
It was about 45 degrees with a nice sea breeze blowing.
Underneath my windbreaker was a nice fleece jacket (zipped to the neck as you can see), under that was a long-sleeved shirt, and a T-shirt under that. I was wearing gloves and my wool boggin, which, yes, I took off for the picture.
It was so cold that it made my camera slow, so I had to keep it inside my windbreaker so it's little electrons could stay warm.

ON BEING A JANITOR

April 15 th of 2013 was my last year to work for HR Block. I disliked the corporate pressure to make us call customers to try to sel...