Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm Baa-ack

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Let the Royal Chronicles show that I have returned from my journey to Oregon, USA.
I had a wonderful time visiting my sister and her family.

The weather was typical for this time of year and that locality - temp between 45 and 35 degrees night or day.
It rained every day - some days for ten minutes, some days for ten hours.
I got to run nearly every other day - rain or cloud. (as I had planned)

We visited the coast for four days.
There, the temperature never varied above 57 or below 35, day or night.
It rained every day - some times for ten minutes, some times for an hour or two.
It was VERY windy on the coast - 30 to 60 mph.
It was so windy at one place we visited that it literally almost blew us off our feet.
(This was not good as we were standing on the edge of an 800 foot cliff overlooking the ocean.)

Much fun and eating was enjoyed by all.
I got to have my annual halibut fillet.
It was very good, as usual.
My sister made one of her famous four-inch tall apple pies (pictures were taken for proof) which was a good as it was tall.

I did not take as many pictures this year as I did last year - mostly because of the poor weather.
The weather at the coast cleared for about half a day which allowed us to travel to one of our favorite places for wave watching, climbing, and picture making.

There were no travel problems, no lost luggage, or undue delays.
I arrived home early (by an hour or so) and under budget.
How can this be bad?

Pictures will be posted soon.

No comments:

ON BEING A JANITOR

April 15 th of 2013 was my last year to work for HR Block. I disliked the corporate pressure to make us call customers to try to sel...